Pages

2.02.2011

Surgery Saves Laptop From Being Crap-top...

so this weekend didn't go like I thought it might... but that turned out to be pretty good!

after months of not using my laptop (well before the boy was born), I was finally able to sit down, watch some tear-down videos, & fix the little issue inside...

the plastic piece that functions as the plug-in port for the power-supply had lost it's ability to stay put & let you plug the charger in, making it kind of hard to use the laptop when the battery eventually ran out.

I ended up using Krazy Glue to fasten the plastic piece to the bottom & also reinforce the sides, &... working, functional laptop again!...

the months worth of updates to my OS proved too much for the thing to handle upon next boot-up... so I took the opportunity to try out the new straight Debian flavor of Linux Mint... (which I think might end up being put up as another post, not that I think of it)

pretty good & accomplished feeling for the weekend though :)

*******

here's the videos that helped me tear open my laptop:

& this one was just funny...

No comments:

Post a Comment