Pages

8.29.2009

the em'effin' Batman! - DrawingBoard.org Character Jam

Batman Silo-Sketch

so I was recently reminded by someone posting about it on twitter that drawingboard.org had also been far from my mind in recent history... which is a shame...

I found out about it from Mike Weiringo's (RIP) blog a few years ago - it really has been a pretty cool & supportive art community...
apparently my old account wasn't so accessible anymore, so I made a new one (krikitmedia, of course) - one of my favorite things about the site has been the various "drawing jam" threads - recurring posts with a new theme (character, event, photo-reference, etc.), usually monthly...

thusly, I found the batman jam thread in the superhero forum - leading to this sketch I did this morning over breakfast...

got me & Ari talking about what makes him such an iconic figure, even just visually... yay, drawingboard.org is still cool!

1 comment: